Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Writing Magic by Gail Carson Levine


Gail Carson Levine is a great writer of young adult fantasy and fairy tales. I loved Ella Enchanted, which won a Newbery Honor in 1998. Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly is a creative writing book for young adults.

Levine is great at writing for young adults and this carries over to her nonfiction as well. This book is full of encouragement, writing tips, and writing prompts. It would make a great gift for a young would-be author along with some writing notebooks and pens.

My favorite notebooks for writing are Moleskine. Big sizes are great for writing stories and small ones are perfect for carrying around to jot down story ideas. There are prettier notebooks out there, but I've found that if my notebook is too pretty, I never write in it because I only want to write something amazing in it. And amazing writing never happens in the first draft.

__________

Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly
by Gail Carson Levine
Publisher: Harper Collins
Year: 2014
Age: Young Adult, Middle Grade
Themes: Writing, Nonfiction

No comments:

Post a Comment