Friday, May 27, 2016

Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman


My first grader and I took a break from Magic Treehouse books and read Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman together. It's a silly story that a dad tells his kids to explain why it took him so long to go to the market to get the cereal for their milk. It's full of dinosaurs, aliens, pirates, time travel, and a volcano god.

I love Neil Gaiman and I'd read this book on my own before. My daughter thought it was fun and loved the silly illustrations. She also thought it was a little weird, which Neil Gaiman is. I like a little weird. And if you or your kids do too, you'll like this book. It's easy enough for some early readers to read alone, but it's fun to read together.

__________

Fortunately, the Milk
By Neil Gaiman
Illustrated by Skottie Young
Publisher: HarperCollins
Year: 2014
Ages/Themes: Early Readers, Silly Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment