Monday, May 2, 2016

Kid's Indie Next Spring 2016 Picks

One of the places I like to find good new kids' lit is Indie Bound' Kid's Indie Next List. Owners of independent bookstores make their recommendations that is an alternative to big lists like the New York Times. There are some crossovers, but the Indie Next List often gives attention to books that I might otherwise miss. They only come out with a kids' lit list a few times a year, so I'm always excited to read it. Here are a few books I'm going to check out from their Spring 2016 list:


Pax by Sarah Pennypacker
I'm not always a huge fan of books focused on animals, so at first glance, I was not interested in this one. But it's recommended for those who love The Giver, so I might have to give it a chance.






Summerlost by Ally Condie
I already read, loved, and recommended this book. If you needed any more encouragement to check out this middle grade novel, here it is.







The Night Gardener by Terry Fan and Eric Fan looks pretty. Which is reason enough to check out a picture book in my opinion.









Hour of Bees by Lindsay Eager is about family and memory and storytelling, all things I love. The description of the book brought to mind the movie Big Fish.







Let's Play! by Herve Tullet. We already own and love Press Here and Mix It Up!, so we'll definitely be checking out Tullet's newest book.






Do you think you'll check out any of these books? Where do you like to find book recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment