Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I Really Like Slop! by Mo Willems


Yes, another Elephant & Piggie book. Why? Because they're always funny and kids love them. I Really Like Slop! by Mo Willems is another good one. My kids are really into gross things right now, so this book is perfect for them. Laughing and saying "ewww!" just seem to go together these days.

Mo Willems has a quirky video about how to make Piggie's slop:





Warning! Spoilers Alert:
As a parent, my favorite part of this book is that Gerald tries Piggie's slop even though he doesn't want to. And though he doesn't like it, he's glad he tried it for Piggie's sake. There may be a dinnertime manners lesson somewhere behind the smelly of stinky shoes here.

__________

I Really Like Slop!
By Mo Willems
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Year: 2015
Ages/Themes: Picture Books, Young Children, Mo Willems, Elephant & Piggie

No comments:

Post a Comment