Monday, February 22, 2016

Little Critters I Can Read! Books


If you've ventured into the realm of early reader books, you probably know how annoying many of them are. My daughters love princess ones . . . but I really, really don't. They also like Pinkalicious early reader books. But I find those ones not only annoying, but also too advanced. They're too long and have too many words that are hard to sound out. My young reader gets tired and frustrated and I end up reading more of the book than she does.

The Little Critters I Can Read! books by Mercer Mayer are a remedy to that. They are less annoying than some kids books and the writing is simple. My daughter doesn't get overwhelmed with the length of the story or with too many long words that are hard to sound out. And all of my children like the stories.

What are some of your books for reading with your young readers?

___________

Little Critters
By Mercer Mayer
Publisher: I Can Read!
Year: Various

No comments:

Post a Comment