Monday, January 25, 2016

Waiting is Not Easy by Mo Willems



Mo Willems is one of my favorite children's authors. His Elephant & Piggie books are some of my favorites of his. And Waiting is Not Easy is definitely one of my favorite Elephant & Piggie books. 

If you haven't read the Elephant & Piggie books, you should. We look for a new one every time we go to the library. My kids even know where to look. My preschooler loves the books because they're funny. And they're good to read with my 1st grader because we each choose a part and read back and forth. (She can read things more advanced, but sometimes gets frustrated when she does, so having a character to read makes it more fun for her.)

In Waiting is Not Easy, Gerald (the Elephant) and Piggie have their usually banter, but they also address something that is really hard for many kids: waiting. Waiting to find out what they're waiting for was worth the wait. If you like Elephant & Piggie, you should check this one out.

__________

Waiting is Not Easy
By Mo Willems
Publisher: Harperion Books for Children
Year: 2014
Ages: Picture Books, Young Children

Themes: waiting, friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment