Monday, November 2, 2015

The Story of Diva and Flea by Mo Willems



Mo Willems is one of my favorite children's authors. I wouldn't have guessed that this book was by him because he doesn't do the illustrations (they're done by Tony DiTerlizzi) and it's really nothing like his other books. Diva and Flea is the story of an unlikely friendship between a small dog and a large cat living in Paris. It's told in thirteen short chapters with color illustrations throughout.

Even though it wasn't what I expected, I enjoyed reading this book with my six-year-old. It's one she could read on her own in a year or two. It doesn't have the same humor as other Mo Willems books, but it retains his charm. I loved the illustrations and this may sound strange, but I loved the texture of the paper. This is definitely one to pick up as a printed book.

If you're looking for a easy chapter book to read together or for your child to read independently, this is a good one.

__________

The Story of Diva and Flea
By Mo Willems
Illustrated by Tony DiTerlizzi
Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children
Year: 2015
Ages: Early Readers, Middle Grade
Themes: friendship, dogs and cats
Source: our public library

No comments:

Post a Comment